GOALS OF C.A.R.E. (Cancer Assessment & Risk Education) CLINIC
- To provide personalized assessment and education about cancer risk
- To manage high risk individuals through prevention strategies to reduce the risk of cancer. Strategies include prophylactic surgery, increased screening & chemo prevention.
- To reduce morbidity and mortality of cancer in high risk individuals and families
- Advanced Practice Providers will see high risk patients at least annually, or more frequently if warranted. APPs will order appropriate screenings and referrals to specialists
A PATIENT MAY BE REFERRED FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
High Risk of Developing Breast Cancer due to:
- Pathologically proven benign Breast Disease, LCIS or DCIS
- Strong family history of breast and/or ovarian cancer
- Known hereditary genetic mutation, such as BRCA I or II
- Radiation to the chest prior to the age of 30
- Known hereditary genetic mutation
- Strong family history of cancer
For more information about the C.A.R.E. clinic, please call 479.313.6826 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The clinic is located at 3352 N. Futrall Drive, Fayetteville, AR 72703.
This clinic is sponsored by Highlands Oncology Group and the Arkansas Breast Cancer Specialists.